Since I don't have the tools for drawing freehand (or the talent), I used shapes and made some nice curves and applied some transparency. The text components are done with a font that I love to use in graphics- HanWang032- it mimics Chinese brush writing.
The red pearl that the dragon is looking at and the background for the title text are the two graphics that I created for the requirements. They are all transparent and the title text has some filters too. For my first real Flash movie in many years, it didn't turn out too bad.
This course had ten assignments, including a final project (unit 10):
In addition to the ten assignments for the class, there were three
multimedia projects that I completed from the textbook: